The card game to boost reading skills
Fictionary Dictionary, ideal for kids of ages 5 to 9 years, uses children’s imagination and love for storytelling to help them master 300 commonly used words, including Sight Words (these words make up over 85% of all written material in English)! Using 300 words and 300 pictures, this game helps kids instantly spot and understand the words, which goes a long way in boosting their reading skills. Plus, telling stories helps them form perfect sentences and become more creative.
- 300 SPECIFIC WORDS ARE KEY TO READING FLUENCY: Did you know that just 300 specific words (which includes all the sight words) make up more than 85% of all written material in English? In order to start reading fluently, a child must be able to recognise these 300 words instantly on seeing the word, instead of reading the words letter by letter or syllable by syllable. Mastering instant recognition of these 300 words can, thus, improve reading fluency.
- WHAT IS FICTIONARY DICTIONARY: Fictionary Dictionary is an educational game that helps a child master instant recogni)on of these very 300 English words. Fictionary Dictionary uses children’s imagination and love for storytelling to help them master these very 300 words, which includes all Sight Words. Using these 300 words, and 300 pictures, this game helps kids instantly spot and understand the words, which goes a long way in boos)ng their reading skills.
- ACADEMIC BENEFIT OF THIS GAME: With regular usage, this game will help kids instantly recognise these 300 words and help them become fluent in reading. Plus, creating stories also improves their creativity.
- HOW TO PLAY: It’s very simple. A player picks out one word card and one picture card and starts a story using both word and picture. Then the next player also picks up a picture card and word card and similarly continues the story. Game can end whenever the players want to end it
- LEARNING THROUGH PLAYFULNESS: Practice makes perfect, but traditional tools like flash cards eventually become ineffective as they tend to be tedious and boring, especially when just looking at words. Fictionary Dictionary combines these words with lovely pictures, and allows a child’s imagination to take flight, creating new stories every )me a child plays with it. With new stories every time, it always remains entertaining and fresh and thus effectively imparts much-needed practice each time.
How well a child learns depends on how effective the tools are. Sharper the tools, sharper the learner. Following three simple principles, Fictionary Dictionary educational game makes sure it is uniquely effective in helping your child significantly improve reading fluency and also enhance creativity
Motivation – Children’s love for stories – both hearing them and telling them – motivates the child to enthusiatically participate in the storytelling activity of this game and get the much needed exposure to the key words that he would be encountering most frequently when reading other material.
Repetition and Perfection – Practice makes perfect, but traditional tools like flash cards eventually become ineffective as they tend to be tedious and boring. Fictionary Dictionary Educational game allows a child’s imagination to take flight, creating new stories every time a child plays with it. It never gets tedious and thus effectively imparts much-needed practice each time.
Collaboration – In this multi-player game, everyone learns from everyone else as a child sees even the words other players pick up and hears them being used in the storytelling, thus becoming more and more familiar with these important words.
You might also like:
|Dimensions||24.3 × 11.5 × 5.5 cm|